From The Wonderful World of Freezer Cooking by Helen Quat this recipe is a winner that will not let you down. We have baked it many, many times and it always steps up to the plate!
- 1 ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons ground almonds or walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground lemon peel
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 ½ pounds soft cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the crust ingredients (graham cracker crumbs, nuts, sugar and lemon peel) while stirring in butter till thoroughly blended.
- Press mixture firmly against bottom of 9” spring form. Bake in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat cheese until creamy. At medium speed, add sugar gradually, then vanilla, lemon juice and rind. Blend well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and beat at medium speed for 10 minutes, until fluffy. Pour into pan on top of crust.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 35 minutes. When 35 minutes is up, turn off the oven and leave the oven door ajar.
- 1 pint sour cream
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla and whip for 10 minutes until foamy. Spoon over top of cake. Bake in 250 degree oven for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cool*. Wrap. Freeze.
Serving Day: Remove from spring form and thaw in refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours.
* To serve without freezing, refrigerate for 2 hours or more before un-molding